I’m obsessed with pink peonies, roses, orchids, and hydrangeas! I love to incorporate one or more of these flowers into my spring and summer decor every year!
This post is about how to use pink peonies and roses to create a paradise at your front door!
Peony Blooming Season
In most locations, peonies are in season for a really short time. Mostly from late spring to early summer (late April to mid-June). While roses start blooming in late May through early fall.
Since we live in Arizona, our flower choices are limited in spring/summer due to the extreme temperatures! As you may know, Arizona summers are brutally hot!!! Unfortunately, most flowers do not last more than a few weeks under the direct sun!
This is exactly why I love to design our front door with Balsam Hill’s most realistic faux flowers. I have been using their flowers for several years!! I absolutely love the quality of their products and the fact that they are very low maintenance!
DIY Arch Flowers for Front Door
Matt and I did this fun DIY project for our courtyard this Easter. After Easter, we ONLY brought down the Easter decorations (Easter eggs, bunnies, etc…).
We kept the rest of these beautiful peonies and rose garlands and our front door and gates. We keep them on display all the way until the END of Summer!!!
In this post, I want to share some ideas on how to add a touch of beauty and elegance to your front door with pink peonies, roses, and some other greeneries (both real and faux). These gorgeous flowers are not only stunning, but they also make for an eye-catching statement piece!!!
The question is, should you go with real or faux flowers? In this post, I will explain the pros and cons of both options and provide tips on how to create a full-bloom paradise with pink peonies and roses on your front door.
Whether you’re a home decor lover (like me), or just looking to spruce up your curb appeal, this guide will help you achieve the perfect look for your home.
1- Switch Up Your Front Door Decor with Seasonal Changes
I love to change up our font door and gates decor every season! I feel like changing the seasonal decor, colors, and flowers, always gets me and my family excited to start the new season!
There are a few things you can do to create a beautiful and inviting display. Start by selecting flowers that are in season and appropriate for the climate in your area.
For example, if you live in a colder climate, you may want to choose flowers that can withstand frost and snow, such as Peonies, Pansies, or Cyclamen. In warmer climates, you may opt for bright and colorful blooms like Marigold, Roses, and Bougainvillea.
Related Post: How to Style a Magical Blue and White Tablescape!
We have planted beautiful Bougainvillea flowers by our front gates. They are such a popular bloom in Arizona and one of my favorite flowers…!!!
They add so much beauty and color to our front gate entrance. If we lived in a “cooler climate”, I would love to have a beautiful flower garden full of pink color peonies in our front door area, as well as the backyard!
Once you’ve selected your flowers, consider using different types of planters to add visual interest. You can also mix and match different colors and textures to create a unique look.
Don’t be afraid to experiment with different combinations until you find something that works well for your home.
2- Decide on Real vs. Faux Pink Peonies: Pros and Cons
Related Post: How to Style an Elegant Valentine’s Day Dessert Table
Peonies are a favorite among many home decor enthusiasts, but when it comes to choosing between real and faux, the decision can be tough. On one hand, real peonies offer the beauty and fragrance that only nature can provide.
You can style a gorgeous fresh bouquet of peonies every day and put them in your living room or kitchen. On the other hand, faux peonies for your front door can provide year-round blooms without the hassle of maintenance (which I love!! LOL!!!)
Pros Vs. Cons
As you know, real flowers have the advantage of natural beauty and fragrance, but they can be expensive, require upkeep, and have a short lifespan.
Faux flowers, on the other hand, can be more cost-effective in the long run and require little to no maintenance, but may not look or feel as authentic as real flowers.
This is why I love using Balsam Hill products when it comes down to decorating with artificial flowers! Their flowers look so real and beautiful! They also last a very long time (even under the direct Arizona sun).
Ultimately, the decision between real and faux comes down to personal preference, the climate you live and your budget. If you want the look of fresh flowers without the commitment or expense, faux flowers may be the way to go.
But if you appreciate the beauty of natural blooms and don’t mind putting in a little extra effort to care for them, real flowers may be worth the investment.
3- Choose the Right Shade of Pink
Here are some tips to help you select the perfect shade of pink for your peonies and roses:
1. Consider the color of your front door: If your front door is a neutral color, such as white or gray, you may want to choose a brighter or bolder shade of pink to add a pop of color. Like hot pink peonies. If your front door is already a bold color, such as dark brown, black, or blue, you may want to choose a softer or more muted shade of pink.
2. Look at the surrounding environment: Take note of any other colors in the area where you will be placing your flowers. For example, if you have greenery or foliage nearby, you may want to choose a shade of pink that complements or contrasts with green.
3. Think about the overall aesthetic: Consider what mood or feeling you want to convey with your decor. Do you want it to be playful? Sophisticated and elegant? Choose a shade of pink that fits with the overall vibe you are going for.
4- Don’t be afraid to experiment with different shades and combinations until you find something that makes you happy and reflects your personal style.
4- Use Faux Peonies & Roses for
Long-Lasting and Low-Maintenance Decor
As I mentioned earlier, I do not like to constantly deal with dead flowers in our courtyard. Our courtyard is under the direct sun all day.
Our landscaper suggested so many different types of flowers to us and hoping they will last… However, none of those flowers would last more than 3-4 weeks. Eventually, I got so sick and tired of it and started to look for an alternative option.
When I found these beautiful Outdoor Provence Rose Foliage, from Balsam Hill I fell in love with them and didn’t even think twice about it! LOL!!!
These beautiful garlands and wreathes cottage roses come in different shades of light pink and dark pink. It also comes with lush light and dark green eucalyptus leaves.
The strong stems, gorgeous texture, and beautiful color combinations make them perfect to decorate your front door or design an elegant spring garden!
They look so romantic on your front door window or front porch or patio and offer the same beautiful look as real flowers. However, they don’t require watering or maintenance.
They can withstand harsh weather conditions, such as sun, rain, and wind, and will continue to look fresh and vibrant throughout the season. Plus, since there’s no need to replace them frequently like real flowers, you’ll save money in the long run.
5- Incorporate Easter Elements
As I mentioned at the beginning part of this post, Matt and I did this DIY project for Easter! If you’re looking to incorporate Easter elements into your front door display using pink peonies and pink roses for your outdoor decor, there are a few ways you can do so. Here are some ideas:
1. Add some Easter-themed accents: You can add some Easter-themed accents to your arrangement, such as colorful eggs, bunnies, or chicks. You can also add a festive Easter wreath to your front door.
2. Use pastel colors: Since Easter is associated with pastel colors, incorporating these shades into your arrangement can help create a festive look. Consider adding white flowers or hot pink accents to complement the pastel colors, pink peonies, and roses.
3. Incorporate natural elements: You can also incorporate natural elements like twigs or branches that have been decorated with Easter eggs or other ornaments.
4. Play with textures: Mixing different textures in your arrangement can add visual interest and depth. Try pairing the soft petals of the peonies and roses with rougher textures like burlap or wood.
Create a Beautiful and Festive Front Door Display that Incorporates
Springtime Blooms and Easter Elements
1. Add a wreath: A wreath is a classic way to decorate your front door for any occasion, and Easter is no exception. Consider creating or purchasing a wreath that features pastel-colored eggs, bunnies, or other Easter-themed elements to complement your pink peonies and roses.
2. Use Easter baskets: Instead of traditional planters or pots, consider using Easter baskets as containers for your pink flowers. You can even add some decorative eggs or other Easter-themed elements to the baskets to tie in with the overall theme.
3. Display Easter signs: Hang a sign on your front door or near your flower display that says “Happy Easter” or features other Easter-related messages or images. This can be a fun and festive way to welcome visitors to your home during the holiday season.
4. Add some bunny figurines: If you want to bring some fun and playfulness to your front door display, consider adding some bunny figurines in various sizes and poses among your pink peonies and roses.
6- Attach Easter Eggs to the Flower Garlands
A way to achieve custom designs is to attach Easter eggs to a flower garland that already has faux pink peonies and pink roses, you can use a few different methods. One option is to drill two holes in the mid portion of the egg, approximately one inch apart, and then thread a zip tie through drilled holes.
Next, wrap the zip tie around the garland and sinch it tightly around the garland stems, positioning the eggs wherever you like along the garland. (Option we used).
Another option is to use hot glue to attach each egg directly to the garland, being careful not to apply too much glue or damage the flowers. You could also tie small loops of ribbon or string around each egg and then tie them onto the garland stems.
Whichever method you choose, be sure to space out the eggs evenly and balance their weight with the other elements of the garland for a cohesive look.
7- Pair Pink Peonies with Other Flowers and Greenery
To pair pink peonies with roses and other flowers and greenery, you can create a stunning floral arrangement by using complementary colors, textures, and shapes. Here are some tips to help you get started:
1. Choose a color scheme: pink peonies pair well with different shades of pink, white, cream, and soft greens.
2. Mix up the textures: Combine flowers with different textures and shapes, such as roses, ranunculus, hydrangeas, or dahlias. Adding greenery like eucalyptus or ferns can also add interest to your arrangement.
3. Create dimension: Vary the heights of the flowers in your arrangement to create depth and visual interest. You can always consider mixing huge flowers with medium size or smaller size flowers to create dimension.
4. Use a variety of containers: Different-sized vases or containers in different materials can add visual appeal.
8- Add Decorative Butterflies to Your Flower Garlands
I love butterflies!!! I think adding decorative butterflies to your flower garlands is a simple and fun way to add some extra flair to your front door entry decor. You can find artificial butterflies at most craft stores (like Michael’s, Hobby Lobby, etc…) or online retailers like Amazon.
Simply attach the butterflies to your flower garland using floral wire or hot glue. You can also mix and match different types of butterflies for a more eclectic look.
Another option is to use butterfly stickers or decals, which can be easily applied to the flowers in your garland. Have fun with it and get creative – adding these little details can really make your front door pop!
9- Add A Beautiful Welcome Front Door Mat
Adding a beautiful welcome front door mat is a great idea when decorating your front door entryway for a few reasons.
First, it’s a simple and affordable way to add some personality and style to your space. A fun or colorful doormat can set the tone for your entire home and make a great first impression on guests.
Second, a good doormat can help keep your floors clean by trapping dirt, mud, and debris before it enters your home. This can save you time and energy on cleaning and maintenance in the long run.
Finally, a doormat can be both functional and decorative – there are so many different styles and designs to choose from that you’re sure to find one that fits your personal taste and complements your overall decor scheme.
Maintenance Tips for Extending the Life of Your
Real or Faux Pink Peonies
For Fresh Pink Peonies
To extend the life of your fresh pink peonies or faux flowers, here are some maintenance tips:
For Real Pink Peonies:
1. Water regularly: Peonies require consistent watering to thrive. Make sure the soil is moist but not waterlogged.
2. Fertilize: Apply a balanced fertilizer in the spring to promote healthy growth and blooming.
3. Deadhead: Remove spent blooms to encourage new growth and ensure your plant looks its best.
4. Provide support: As your peony plant grows, it may need support to prevent the stems from bending or breaking under the weight of the flowers.
For Faux Pink Peonies
1. Dust regularly: Use a soft cloth or feather duster to remove any dust that accumulates on your faux peonies.
2. Store properly: When not in use, store your faux peonies in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight to prevent fading and damage.
3. Fluff and reshape: Over time, faux flowers may become flattened or misshapen. Gently fluff and reshape your peonies as needed to maintain their natural appearance or for a special design.
By following these simple maintenance tips, you can enjoy beautiful pink peonies (real or faux) for years to come!
Tips on How to Care for Real Pink Peonies
There are many great fresh peonies delivery services that will deliver excellent cut flowers to your door so you can design the most perfect pink peonies centerpiece for your kitchen, living room, or bedroom.
However, if you prefer to own and maintain a peony flower garden in your own house, you can follow these easy tips to care for them during the peony season.
How to Maintain Peony Flowers
1. Choose a location that gets plenty of sunlight but also has some shade during the hottest part of the day.
2. Make sure the soil is well-draining and fertile. Peonies prefer slightly acidic soil with a pH between 6.0 and 7.0.
3. Water your peonies deeply once or twice a week, depending on how dry the weather is. Avoid getting the foliage wet to prevent disease.
4. Apply a slow-release fertilizer in early spring and again in late summer to promote healthy growth and blooming.
5. Deadhead spent blooms to encourage more flowers to form.
6. Cut back the foliage after the first frost in fall to prevent diseases from overwintering in the plant.
7. Mulch around the base of the plant with 2-3 inches of organic material to help retain moisture and regulate soil temperature.
With proper care, your pink peonies should thrive and provide a beautiful display at your front door!
What do pink peonies symbolize?
Pink peonies are often associated with romance, prosperity, good fortune, and compassion. In some cultures, they are also thought to symbolize honor and respect. Peony flowers in general are known for their beauty and elegance, and they are a popular choice for wedding bouquets and other special occasions.
What season are pink peonies?
As I mentioned above, pink peonies are typically in season during the late spring and early summer months, usually from May to June. However, the exact timing may vary depending on your location and climate. Peony flowers are known for their large, showy blooms and beautiful colors, including shades of pink, white, red, and even yellow.
What is the most beautiful pink peony?
There are so many stunning pink peonies to choose from! Some popular and beautiful varieties include Sarah Bernhardt, Bowl of Beauty, Coral Charm, Angel Cheeks, and Raspberry Sundae. Each one has its own unique shade of pink and distinct characteristics, making it a matter of personal preference as to which one is the “most beautiful”.
If you’re looking to add some beauty to your garden or home, any of these pink peonies would be a great choice! You can then design the most beautiful flower arrangement with your peonies!
Why are peonies so special?
Peonies are special for many reasons! They are known for their large, showy blooms and come in a wide range of colors, including pink, white, red, and even yellow. Many people love them because they have a sweet fragrance that fills the air during their blooming season.
In addition to their beauty and fragrance, peonies also have a rich history and cultural significance. They are considered a symbol of prosperity in Chinese culture, good fortune, and happiness. In Western cultures, they are often associated with romance and love.
How long do pink peonies last?
The lifespan of pink peonies can vary depending on a number of factors, such as the quality of the flowers, the care they receive, and the conditions in which they are kept. In general, cut peonies can last anywhere from a few days to a week or more under good conditions and proper care.
Where do peonies grow best?
Peonies are beautiful flowers that can grow well in a variety of climates and soil types. They generally prefer full sun or partial shade and well-drained soil. In terms of climate, they tend to do best in cooler regions with mild summers.
That being said, there are many different varieties of peonies, some of which may be better suited to warmer or more humid environments.
If you’re looking to grow peonies in your garden, it’s a good idea to do some research on the specific variety you have in mind and consult with a local gardening expert for advice on the best-growing conditions for your area.
With proper care and attention, peonies are one of those beautiful kinds of flowers that can produce beautiful blooms year after year!
Creating a paradise at your front door with pink peonies and roses is easier than you might think. Whether you choose real or faux flowers, both can add a touch of beauty to your home’s entrance.
Real flowers provide natural fragrance and beauty, while faux flowers require less maintenance and can last longer. Whichever option you choose, make sure to select the right colors and textures to complement your home’s exterior.
I personally love all kinds of flowers (especially soft pink flowers)!! From fragrant peonies to roses, hydrangeas, tulips, and so many other kinds of flowers, I love them all!
Obviously, you need to look into the availability of seasonal flowers when deciding on what flowers to choose to decorate your front door… However, if we lived in a “cooler” climate in the summertime, I would love to have a beautiful peony and rose garden in our house!
I would love to have giant flowers (peonies and roses) and rose petals all over our house! They would add so much beauty to everyday life!
Since living in Arizona, does not allow us to have this dreamy garden (LOL). This is why I am so happy that I was able to bring so much color and beauty to our courtyard with Balsam Hill’s realistic artificial flowers.
With a little creativity and planning, you can create a stunning floral display. It can be fresh or faux which will impress all who pass by.