When the seasons change it always makes me so excited and is one of my favorite things in the whole world! I feel like by the end of each season, I’m so ready for the next season to start! That’s why I wanted to talk to you today about how to freshen up your kitchen for spring – such a great way to start the spring!
Unfortunately, in Arizona, we don’t get to experience the “four seasons”. But when the Arizona winter ends, you can see the spring changes on the cactuses in your backyard!
There are lots of beautiful little red or yellow flowers growing on top of some of the cactuses. The temperature is perfect and there are clear blue skies everywhere!
This is the season when I like to start decorating our home with spring flowers. Additionally, from the beginning of April I like to add some Easter decorations around the house.
Since our kitchen and our living room are in the same area of our house, we spend most of our time hanging out around our kitchen counter. We often sit on the bar stools around the kitchen counter eating a snack or socializing with our friends and family!
So every time I want to decorate our home for the new season, the first place I think about decorating is our kitchen!
Although I am drawn to everything modern and contemporary, I fell in love with these oriental blue and white ceramic vases. They are my new favorite addition to our home décor.
I’m going to link some of my favorite blue and white ceramic vases in this post!
I also love light pink peonies. In fact, making a trip to peonies field is on top of my wish list! Peonies season starts in April! You can either decorate your vases with beautiful fresh peonies or get some faux peonies that will last a long time.
I always prefer fresh flowers… but there are also stunning faux flowers out there that look just as beautiful and elegant. It all depends on you and what you prefer!
Of course, the best way to welcome a new season is with seasonally-appropriate decorations.
Here are some tips on how to freshen up your kitchen for Spring:
- Clean and declutter your kitchen!
- Turn on the bright colors: Pink, blue, green, purple, yellow. These bright shades will make your kitchen cheerful. You can go for pastels, too, they will bring a sweet vintage touch to your kitchen.
- Bring plants and fresh flowers inside your home: In my opinion colorful flowers are the best way to bring the beauty of spring inside your home and is one of the easiest home updates for spring.
- Add a pop of color when you are styling your surfaces
- Colorful runners or linens for your kitchen table
- Large bowl with lemons and white blooms always brings a little taste of spring to your kitchen.
- If you have a little coffee station in your kitchen, add a greenery wreath, yellow tulips in a white vase in that area!
- White hydrangeas in a clear vase and limes in a clear jar bring the sense of spring to your kitchen.
- Add some cherry blossom in a white, pink or yellow ceramic vase!
- Bright yellow blooms in clear vases are always a good idea for spring!
Happy spring everyone and hope you enjoy decorating your home with some bright spring colors! And happy Easter decorating too!
I’m listing some of my favorite blue and white ceramic vases for this Spring: