Happy 2021 everyone!!! As I am writing this post, I am thinking about how most of us were so excited to celebrate 2020 (LOL). I think “18.104.22.168” just looked and sounded so “cool”! hahaha! Nobody had a clue how our world would get turned upside down! Personally, I think the world is still upside down… the only good thing is, most of us have some “hope” in the vaccine (at least I do)!!! We hope the vaccine works and we all get back to our normal life and routines.
I really miss seeing my parents, my best friends and simply miss traveling!! My biggest hope is by spring or summer of 2021, Matt and I and our little girls will be able to surround ourselves with our sweet family and friends again! Something that I never thought I had to pray for it! Hahaha!
Beside wishing to be able to be able to travel again and see my loved ones, I also want to share some of my personal and family goals for 2021! I have several personal and professional goals that I am trying to achieve this year. I really believe that it is good to look forward with hope and optimism because it keeps us moving forward.
One of my biggest personal goals is “Selfcare” which I have been lacking so badly ever since I became a mom! LOL! I simply overwhelm myself with so much work (business and our little girls), that I end up having NOOO time for myself. It is amazing what value a simple walk outside has on my mood and my stress level. It really allows me to “reset” my brain and mood.
The lack of “selfcare” leads to my other weakness, which is having NO patients with myself or others. I want to practice being more “Patient”. I cannot even sit down and enjoy getting my nails/toes done at the nail shop or I cannot enjoy a nice haircut appointment (I just want to be done and run!! LOL). If the grocery store is packed and the checkout line seems too long, I get out immediately (even if I have nothing better to do)!!!
I am more patient with our kids… however, sometimes when Valentina changes 5 outfits in 5 minutes (LOL), I lose my patients on the last outfit change!!! If she changes even 10 outfits with my mom or my sister, they will be perfectly fine! hahaha
One of my biggest family goals is to get out more in nature, parks, lakes, mountains…. as a family and enjoy being together! Since Matt works long hours during the week, he is usually very tired on the weekends. Therefore, when we get out of the house on the weekend, we usually go someplace close to our home (before Covid) mostly restaurants, and (after Covid) mostly walking around our neighborhood. Now that Alina is older and she can walk/run, I want us to get out of our routine habits and instead get into nature.
My other family goal is that the four of us eat dinner together every single night. Matt and I always eat dinner together (around 8:00 or 8:30pm). But since Valentina and Alina are always ready for dinner around 6:00pm, I feed them no later than 6:00pm. I feel pretty guilty about not eating dinner with them. But since I stay up and work late at nights, I get very hungry if I eat my dinner at 6:00pm. That is why we eat our dinner later.
I am planning to shift my clock in 2021. I want to go to bed earlier at nights and wakeup at 6:00am and work in the morning instead of night. This simple shift will make is so that we will all be able to eat dinner together as a family.
Here are some of my personal and family goals in 2021
- Prioritize sleep!!!! Go to bed no later than 10:00pm.
- Get at least 7 hours sleep.
- Exercise first thing in the morning before Valentina and Aline wakeup.
- Drink 64 ounces of water every day.
- Eat for 80% health and 20% pleasure! Eating clean during the week (which I am usually good at) and have ONLY one cheat day on weekends (I currently have more than one cheat day on weekends).
- Letting go of the “mom guilt” when I work at home.
- Spend at least one hour a day playing “pillow fight” or chasing Alina and Valentina around the house (the games they love the most).
- As soon as we get vaccinated and it is safe to dine out again, I want to have more “date nights” with Matt. We had very little time for only two of us in 2020!
- Once is safe to have activities with kids in public, I would love to take Valentina and Alina (mostly Valentina), to do some volunteer work together. I would LOVE to teach them how important it is to share our time and money with others (specially with those who are less fortunate).
- I used to go to hot yoga consistently. It was incredible! Hot yoga made my skin glow, helped my body to look fit and toned, but most importantly it made my mind so calm! After having kids, I had no time for it…. because it was long (1.5hour). I really hope once everything is back to normal, I can start hot yoga again! I LOVED it!
- Keep memory journals for Valentina and Alina! They both say sooo many funny and cute things these days!!! I always wish that I could write them all down in their little journals/books. But I don’t have time! Well… I am planning to “make time” for it in 2021!!! Once they grow up, I can never get these times/memories back!
- Continue to read, listen to podcasts, educate and teach myself new skills every day to enrich my mind!
- Practice gratitude: Most successful people practice gratitude to feel happier and more at peace with themselves. I consider myself as someone who appreciates life! I really do….! I am always grateful for my health, my family’s health, my husband, my kids, my parents, my sister, my best friends…and so many more gifts that I have in life. HOWEVER, I would like to practice writing down my great gifts in life and all my great accomplishments on weekly basis instead of just thinking about them once-in-a-while.
Besides all of the above, I have professional goals that I am going to add to my vision board for 2021!
I would love to hear some of your goals for the New Year! I always find it so inspiring to hear other people goals and dreams for the new year!
Happy New Year everyone! Hope 2021 will be a much better year for everyone!